statcounter

Thursday 13 December 2012

Fogbound in Winter 1999

If I wanted to take a break from shooting or escape the weather I would often drop in on friends of mine who had secured part-time jobs in the town. One, called Alex was working at one of the theatres as an usher. As I arrived the presscall for the local panto was about to begin, featuring the apparently hilarious 'entirely clean' comic Jimmy Cricket who was holding out a poster which had his name at the bottom of the bill. Alex said to him 'If you held that upside down you'd be at the top of the bill'. A look of revelation came over Cricket's face and  he unashamedly shouted to the assembled throng Hey everybody! If I turn this upside down I'll be at the top of the bill!. For the next minute he exhibited a enormous  smug grin as he bathed the adulation of the crowd who assumed that it was another example of his spontaneous wit.

No comments:

Post a Comment